Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 8 in Ghana

With today being day 8 in Ghana, it feels as if I have only been here for maybe 2. This is my first time out of the United States, and what a wonderful choice. I have never met such a wonderful culture of people who were naturally kind, appreciative, accommodating, and overall had such "wonderful spirits," as my mother would say. Now that I have discovered internet cafes, I will have more of an opportunity to record the details of my experiences on this blog. At this very moment, I have been to Accra and am now in Tamale. I really like Tamale and its calming environment. The Chief's Palace is full of such a helpful staff and have made sure that my stay has been comfortable so far. The food is excellent, my favorite dishes are Red Red and Jollof Rice. It has taken awhile for me to get used to the heat, my skin is getting browner and browner. :)
I am now aiding the English Master at the Zo Simli-Naa Junior High Girls School, next door to the palace. The English Master has allowed me to lead the lectures in grammar and the next lesson will be speech writing. In my next entry to this blog, I plan on writing much sooner and providing many more details, but overall, I am enjoying my stay here in Ghana and adapting well to my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment