Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Entry 1: My Time in Louisville by Wei Yinna (Joyce)

This winter holiday,I went to Louisville,America to be an exchange student for two weeks.It was a really memorable experience for me.

I lived with Rachel Rawlings, a teacher in KCD.She's a really kind person.I usually can't speak very well,and make some mistakes,but she didn't mind and was never impatient of that. She told me lots of things about America,like cultures,rules,habits and so on.She was always very careful to take care of me,just like my mother.I love her very much!

In Louisville,we studied with American students in KCD.Teachers and students there are friendly to us.The first day in KCD,Mr. Mahaffey took us on a walk around the school.They held a celebration for us. Students sang,played the piano and danced to the music.It was really exciting!After that,we went to a world history class,it was my first class there.Teacher arranged some classwork for American students,and gave us some students' homework about religions to read. Students found some introduce and pictures about five or six religions to make into the shape of the book.They are very beautiful.Actually,that's the first time I really felt the Americans creativity.

The second day,we went to Rachel's class. After we told students that our class begins at seven thirty,and ends at 10pm,they said"How can you survive?"with surprised.We heard that twice there.Actually,we also complain like that sometimes, because it's really tiring.
In KCD,I like ceramic class best. It was the first time that I saw the process of making ceramics, and it's really interesting to make a ceramic by myself!
The thing about America that surprised me most is we never heard a whistle.Maybe it's normal for American,but it's amazing for Chinese.The other thing that is amazing for Chinese is that high school students can bring their computers to classes,and they can use them. They can even leave their seat in classes.You know,in our classes,the only thing that we can do is look at teachers and listen to them .It's really boring,isn't it?
At the end,I want to say,I love America,I love Louisville,I love KCD,I'll be back!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR Wei Yinna (copy and paste their name in the subject line)

No comments:

Post a Comment