Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Entry 12: Wonderful Time in Louisville by Huang Feifei

This winter vocation is so special to me, which is unforgettable --- I went to Louisville. I have to say Louisville is really a good place. The sky is bright and blue, the people are hospitably and the food is so delicious.

I have two host families in Louisville and I have made a lot of friends in Collegiate. Andrea is my first host. I like her very much. She is nice, funny and outgoing. Then Carly, she is friendly and easy going. We do a lot of things together. also I have many other friends in Louisville, like Anna, Senth, Colleen, Austin, and so on.

February 4th is my birthday, I have my most beautiful memory there . My host and friends held a birthday party for me. I was so surprised and moved. They gave me lots of gifts. We had French fries, a big chocolate cake and ice cream. Carly was a little bit late because she herself made a brownie for me .There was "Happy Birthday" on it. The biggest surprise was that the words were in Chinese. We were happy that night.

The study is different from what I thought about. Before I went Louisville, I thought it must be very relaxing for them to study, no homework no exams, having fun in class and play after that, but it is not so. In Collegiate, they can sit causally and ask questions freely in class, which is different from what we do in China, but still they have to finish the assignment on time, and some of them are about social practice, which you have to spend a lot of time on. I remember one time I was having a literary lesson in Collegiate, we were talking about a novel we read , first we were divided into two groups, students in group one say what the novel is about and how they thought about it, group two took notes and spoke up their opinions then, we did these in turns and discussed warmly. Their after-class activities are rich and colorful , maybe what they are doing now is what they want to do in the future and they are very into the activities.

America is not as serious as some European countries, it is even a bit causal in my eyes, but I admire some principles of theirs and the friendship and respect between people is what we should learn from, I hope my dream will come true in America.

It is not easy for me to write about all my feelings about this wonderful experience, it has been part of my life and will make a big difference to me , America is an attractive and amazing country as China, I’d like to visit it once again.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR Huang Feifei (Copy and paste their name into the subject line)

No comments:

Post a Comment