Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Entry 6: My Time in Louisville by Wang Zhiyu

Louisville is a small city.The first impression give me is the very good environment, green area,the fresh air ,the great quality water. I spent an unforgettable vacation here.First of all,I start from my host family.My host family is a single parent family.Family mother take care of four children,two boys and two girls. The largest kid is studying in the University,and the other three children are study in KCD. Two family young brother, Declan , Padraic. and I have a good relationship.There is a student named Nigel from Dalian in China in my host family. Maybe,The biggest difference I am impressed with is that United States’s crude public traffic. The traffic here is mainly rely on private cars. Even, there is no sidewalk from school to home on the road.In Louisville, I haven't seen a bus station.If someone have no car ,the only way to go out is by taxi.But the price to take a taxi is too high. During the exchange in KCD,I found the Chinese School’steaching is very different from the American school’s teaching. Their course is optional, of course, some subjects must be learn.And you can choice of different difficulty throughthe personal ability

So,the student in the same class the persomal ability is similar the same.It conducive to student learing. Their dining room is a most interesting place. When I saw the cafeteria at the first time. I knew that school could not let 12 different grade students are sitting down to dinner at the same time.So school will be separated from each grade meal time. So that the students can have lunch efficiently, it made me surorised.

The deepest impression that the America school gave me is the teacher’s oatience.I can remember a maths lesson.A student wrong a simple questions many times before doing it ,the teacher also encouraged him. I think, If a Chinese teachers in this case, would be angry.

The United States students after-school life is very rich.Most student will attend the school sports team after class. I found a very interesting phenomenon. Almost all the teacher can do some movement. An English teacher which I know is a baseball coach,too.For example, a student good at sport will be more easy to find a good job than a student who is good at study in future. Therefore, American’s overall health quality American is high.Even my host family young brother Declan in addition toplay computer games,he can play pingpong and basketball ,too.

The students here is not like us need to have classes and do more and more homework,they will go out do exercise with friends.Sometimes take aparty at home.Maybe,my favoritetime is in school and joined party.

 I will work hard. In the near future, I hope I can finish go to American University to study

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR Wang Zhiyu (Copy and paste their name into the subject line)

No comments:

Post a Comment